Friday, April 12, 2013

Skipping breakfast. Again.

Eating, rather than, neglecting breakfast is really good advice. My mom always insisted on everyone eating breakfast. To make her happy, I grudgingly prepared cold cereal and a cup of tea. I wasn't really hungry.....until 10 am, that is. All of a sudden, food tasted good and I was hungry....at 10 am.

That's my idea breakfast time. Toast, butter, jam, cereal, fruit, such as a fresh orange, are great. But not when I'm just getting done.

I'm still the same way, dietwise. Usually, I prepare something, even if it's only coffee.  The other reason is that there's very little that is available for morning breakfast, such as stale bread, applesauce, Cheerios, coffee. I just think about those foods. Ugh. Not this early in the morning, sorry!

So that's my excuse for not eating breakfast, namely, that I'm just not hungry at that time. I realize that I can lose a few pounds, but have to draw the line somewhere. But don't get me wrong. I can eat breakfast when traveling abroad, when a favorite food such as bacon is featured, and so on. But if breakfast means more of the same-old, same-old boring foods, count me (and breakfast out).                                

No comments: