Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Hate My Body Moments

I'm not obese, but I'm not exactly Twiggy either. But sometimes, the fact that I am reminded of fat in all of the wrong places is evidenced by reminders as being unable to fully zipper my jeans or finding a really nice top or slacks and being unable to wear them well because of a few unsightly bulges here and there. These events are what prompt my I hate my body moments. I'm sure that I'm not the only one feeling this way. But the fact that I must deal with such moments is extremely annoying. I do, after all, have other and better things to worry about, the least of which should be body fat. So I try to deal with it as expeditiously as possible. First, I cut out a lot of processed foods and opt for real foods as fresh fruits and veggies. The biggest problem with doing this is that such fresh produce is not cheap. For example, a beg of regular oranges in many supermarkets costs close to five dollars a bag! And don't get me started on tomatoes, lettuce and potatoes. Secondly, I do my best to be more active. Lately, I've shoveled out my sidewalks and driveway, which are now totally free of snow and ice. I tend to walk more than drive and lug more heavy grocery bags than a lot of people I know. You would think that all of that would result in significant weight loss and a reduction of negative feelings about body image. But more and more, I am being slowly resigned to the fact that basically, my body will not change drastically very soon --- and the frustration of having to deal with zippering up a pair of jeans sized 14 will continue.

No comments: